Wednesday, June 7, 2017

When Logic fails to prevail one resorts to #SaveTwitchCreative

Hello and how, are you? Normally I’m trying to bring light into someone’s day, normally I’m trying to be sugar and with little salt. Normally, I’m safe and secure in my lovely Browncoat Nation streaming on Twitch for the delight and joy of myself and others. Normally doesn’t exist anymore.

I’m upset, disappointed and rather saddened by the turn of events that has continued to throw us (Twitch Creators) down the rabbit hole of the losing siding of Twitch. This is NOT shade to any Twitch Creative staffs, creators, streamers or anyone that is trying to make this place better with pink fluffy unicorns. This shade goes to the team that decides what to implement and bring about changes for Twitch; that is neglecting to see what is going on in Creative.

The story long and short is we lost our hashtags and gained communities. The loveliness in Creative was we had hashtags to find different creators in different mediums. Now, we have communities. These are as misrepresented as that want to be moon going across the galaxy to blow up Alderaan. Oh, I’m sorry that wasn’t a moon that was a space station. Sorry Alderaan.

Communities have to be recognized to be creative, but then depending on the community different rules apply. Yes, you read right rules do apply to communities. They didn’t apply to hashtags and let the creator decide how they were going to work their medium. There were some creators (myself included) that would do multiple crafts in one stream and have multiple hashtags to reflect that.

I could bounce from #paracordarts #fiberarts to #cross-stitching to #digitalpainting to #whatever. It brought people into the channel and allowed me to bounce between the mediums that I could cover. Was this over-reaching? Maybe, however there were no rules in place or policies that said I was over-reaching.

These hashtags would bring people in, would help conversations develop and flow within the chat. There were new hashtags were developed and created, people were coming to Twitch Creative and we were growing. Now, take that away.

Take the convenience of being able to find your favorite medium clicking on that and then looking for a streamer that fit your needs. Take away the ease of just picking perlers to explore new streamers. Now put in communities.

There are no hashtags to tell you what people are doing, there isn’t a viewer/customer friendly way to find creative streamers anymore. How do you know there are creative streamers in “Positivity”, there are gamers that stream under that community too. You can go to a community of fiber arts, but since we are only allowed one community to be under what one do you choose? Where will you get the most viewers; how will you find new viewers?

I have seen many creative streamers go into the IRL streams to get new hits, leads and viewers. It’s a trend that is growing because no one is listening to us as we voice our frustration into the void that is Twitch. I don’t want to be salty but I’m starting to become more cynical by the day and it hurts.

My only idea at the moment is to start a hashtag. #SaveTwitchCreative I’m sure you’ve all see Ferris Beuller (if you haven’t oh dear god what are you missing?!). If you have seen the movie you know about #SaveFerris same concept. Maybe when they see people wanting to save something we love and believe in they will believe in it to. If not I have a feeling a lot more creative streamers will be leaving making Twitch Creative a teenage wasteland.

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.


Always,
Junie

No comments:

Post a Comment