Saturday, November 30, 2013

RE: Where My Ladies At? Blog response to 'The Brain Scoop'

     I know you haven't seen the latest 'The Brain Scoop' that was posted on 27th of November (2013); yeah that impossibly huge job you have. No, not slamming it; I just know you're working hard. Well back to topic at hand. She brought up some great points from the vlog. 

     I'm sure you remember the #onereasonwhy twitter campaign last year where the women in the gaming world hashtagged that and then said one reason why women discrimination in the gaming world should stop. I get it at times with guys saying on stream "If you're a girl flash us your boobs!"; or "Boobies for donations". My least favorite comment was "If your a girl, show us your p***y so we know how to ram you after we're done pawning you." 

     Yeah, such boys have no idea what they are doing to me. They really aren't doing anything; the reason why I have the Rogue picture when I stream, or has anything to do with me is what she represents. Silent strength, never say die attitude and willing to over come the greatest feats to show others that they can do it too. Her one weakness; she can't be touched. Even in that weakness, its an asset. Little boys that have to be so crude with their words can't touch me nor hurt me.

     Back to 'The Brain Scoop'; those commenters that had to talk about her looks, her sexuality or sensuality are missing the bigger picture of it all. They are missing the point; which is rather huge and blatant point that is Emily is a very educated woman with a wealth of information she's wishing to share with us. She brings about this vlog that explains things that my science teachers didn't go into depth about.

     It's women like Emily that bring about such information that help us to realize what we are doing to the world and the animals around us. Getting us in touch with nature, our bio spheres, even the recorded data of animals that have long since left this world. Her field is rather heavily male dominated and props to her for doing what she loves.

     Its that backwards thinking that one has to comment about her hair, clothing, or suggest choices on both to gain more viewers or more likes on her channel. It has nothing to do with the clothes she wears, the way her hair is or how she looks. Mind you, she is a lovely young woman with a very wonderful set of clothing choices. But that shouldn't matter, like ever. 

     We should be watching her for what she has to say; what she has to show us; and how she will educate us on her channel. Frankly, she as well as others do their best to giving us content that we want and love and yet they have to deal with the comments that little boys are giving them. This is a shame really and what brings about the self-worry and doubt that one isn't good enough or isn't doing well enough and have to 'pimp' themselves to a larger audience without forgetting their core subscribers. 

     Have we really gone to the extent of forgetting what a woman says and going to look at what she's wearing to justify her words or what she's doing? I would have hoped for my child's sake that we've evolved from the 'she needs to be hot' to the 'what she is saying is rather good and very factual'. To see this video; is to bring a point across that though we're enjoying her content others are looking more to her as an object of attractiveness and not really listening to the message. I could go on about how I think but lets get to the gritty of it all.

     How do we change it? How do we change the society from little boys and girls to men and women that wish to bring up a dialog and conversation about what Emily is saying and not about her body? I would hope Darwinism would sped up and kill off the mindless but that would just further on the Zombie Apocalypse. If that was to happen, I'd look for my brother's stash of guns head over to Wheezy Waiter's apartment and just snipe.

      How do we change a culture though that doesn't focus on the 'is she a real girl' or a 'Guy In Real Life girl?' to a more "Wow! Did you see what she did?! That was an amazing skill in that game" or ... "Emily brought on some great points that I can use in my day to day life to help the environment out!"

     Sure I want people to be liked and respected for what they do; it doesn't really matter what they look like. If you enjoy them as a person and respect them; who gives a flying F%$k on what they are dressed in or how they did their hair? Sure on Towelliee's channel there is a 10/10 macro. For those that don't know the streamer of WoW content Towelliee; he has a macro for 10 out of 10 would bang or do for female content on games. 

     It's this need to sexualized and bring forth the need to be sexual to validate our attractions that is killing out this understanding of learning from others or appreciating what others do according to their sex. Yes, I know I'm rambling on a little but come on!

     It's education with young children; the doing away of sexual stereotypes like Mommy cleans the house while Daddy goes to work. Its the marketing of house hold cleaning products always going to the Mom to clean that sh!t and not the Dad. Seeing kids playing a board game or video game and it being based on sex; girls get the mall and shopping games while the boys get the gun and shoot them up games. When was it the last time we saw two girls playing 'Battleship' on a commercial?

     Education on older adults is a bit more difficult. Sure you can always teach an old dog new tricks but that's just what it is. A trick; it's not a life style change or a mind blowing change to their reality. If they don't see it, don't want to acknowledge it then it's hard to even think about changing the culture to those too old to change their mind. 

     Yes, I know my degree is now playing into this. Yes, I have a psychology degree and I haven't found work in that field. But Junie that's not what you have listed on your Google+ account; how can you have it if you don't list it. Why list something that isn't working for me? Does it make me any less valid in my point? I know that you and others treat women with respect and understanding and that's wonderful. I just wish that others wouldn't have to subject women to their need to be neanderthalish to get their underdeveloped minds the validity it needs to feel superior. 

    Oh and to my gaming fans out there reading this; yes I am a woman in real life. Yes, I have all the parts that make me a woman. Do you need to see it? No, and nor will you ever get to see them. I don't have to prove it to you that I am a woman; if you don't like it GTFO. Do you need to know if I'm straight or a lesbian? No, and I wouldn't dignify that with a response. It's not your farking business to know. I do support all women gamers/blogers/vlogers ect. regardless of their sexual orientation HELL YES! 

     So in wrapping this up, Emily is good go watch ... support women in STEM/Gaming and other forms of fun stuff. Stop sexualizing them when they don't need to be and enjoy the farking content. Its WHAT really matters.

Junie

No comments:

Post a Comment