Tuesday, September 9, 2014

IF I had the balls to meet Nathan Fillion

Hello!

It’s been a while since I have been able to write. Change in majors, change in work and a bit more driving time and even the short one has started her schooling again. So, with all the changes and all of the new stuff in my life I haven’t been able to really write lately which has been kind of upsetting to me.  I want to write more just need the time and energy to do it.

Sooooooooooo, my lovelies I give you this. If I had the balls to meet Nathan Fillion, I would look into his wonderfully blue eyes and ask him to say one thing to me. I’d ask him to tell me one silly little thing. “Just tell me, Mr. Fillion, it’s going to be okay.”

Why not ask him to say something else, Junie?

I don’t want to hear anything else really. This year has brought quite a bit of challenges that I wasn’t ready to handle. Nothing too pressing but just unnervingly stressful for me, and I don’t handle stress well at all. Hence why I game, I can let out my anger and frustration out easier on killing an NPC than trying to kill a lamp or fire hydrant.

These stresses have caused me to lose sleep, sanity at times, my wits, and even gaming time to handle things. Through it all though, I look at other people’s lives and I know I don’t have a ‘powerful tale of woe’ to tell to get sympathy and that’s not what I’d want. Why I don’t go into detail on what is going on with my life. I know there are people dying , sick, and struggling to survive. I know that there are people who don’t have homes, jobs or even a way to get out of the messes they are in.

I’m grateful for my situation at present. I have a roof over my head, food to eat and a way to work. I have a job that is paying my bills and I’m looking at it as a launching point for something different. Sure the stress is real, my back keeps reminding me as it gives out from time to time but I’m actually a really kinda happy person.

Sooooooo, why Nathan Fillion?  Well if you watch my stream, or talk to me you know I’m a Browncoat. His character had been through the worst of the worst. Lost his home, survived a war, doing what he can to survive without completely betraying his morals. Kind of like my own character that I’ve role played on a Serenity mux.

Nathan’s character still had hope, still had a dream things would get better and he would do what he could to make them better. Nathan, himself, has gone through a bit. Losing the show that he loved to play in, working hard to make ends meet before he landed his show on Castle. He’s a great guy to fans as well.

A people’s actor that not only understands his fans, but understands life and how we all have to survive to get along in this crazy world. To ask him to say “It’s going to be okay”, is not only the man reassuring me that things will be alright; but it’s Captain Mel Reynolds telling me that as well.

Now if I had the balls to do it. Oh that’s the other little slice of heaven I have to work through. I’m a very timid sort of person that can admire and be fans of my idols from far. I can be as vocal as I can be through the internet but to meet them face to face. Yeah, I get really really quiet and hardly able to speak. My shyness (Yes, I’m shy … shhh!) and my introverted-ness comes out to play and well there you go. Very silent Junie sitting in the back of the hall to watch what is going on but not saying much at all.

I think like many, we’re in awe as to who is around us and watching them like some tall idol that we can’t touch. I’m thankful that Nathan is more personable with his fans just I don’t have the sac to get the nerve to say something to the guy. Sooo, instead of trying to pay for a ticket to get to a convention where he is at and just sit there watching and being shy as crap. I write this to one day inspire me to do it. If I ever do, yes I’ll have pictures but until then maybe just one day I’ll see him on a show and hear him say those lines and be content I heard it.

Going slightly insane in the world of Customer Service,

Junie

No comments:

Post a Comment