It’s
been so long since I’ve written and I do miss it. Long and the short of things;
job change, training, finals, new semester starting and some family issues
haven’t allowed me to write at all. It sucks let me tell you. I haven’t been
able to stream and let alone blog. Meh.
Well
in reading a nerd-fighter post I had to comment on a debate about sweatpants.
You know the whole thing about Eva Mendes and sweatpants. Honestly, I don’t
care and I’m not flaming anyone about it. What was said was said, whether it be
serious or not. However, I thought when I was commenting I would share here.
Why not? I think this is far more than just about sweatpants or the color of a
dress. It seems to show what this country views as important or what is
something cultural.
This
is what I stated, regardless if I get likes or not; not my intention. My
intention is to make people think and to understand really what they view is
something to take arms against. Is it what we should and shouldn’t wear for a
spouse, or enjoying what makes you feel comfortable and cozy in your own skin.
I am rocking out in my sweatpants as we ‘speak’ more like as I write. However …
here is what I said.
“To wear, or not to wear? That is
the question; whether ’tis nobler in the body to suffer
Due to the ways and ideas of
outrageous fashion, Or to take arms against a sea of ill-conceived body
perception, And, by opposing, end them? To go nude, to wear clothing that doesn’t
fit—
No more—and by a weird colored dress
or sweatpants to say we end. The heartache and the thousand aches and pains that
we give ourselves to try and fit into the country’s perception of how to look
and dress? ‘Tis a miscommunication we so devoutly to wish! To diet, to work out
and starve, in this perchance to dream of a perfect way to be —ay, there’s the
rub. For in only when we have ended our journeys and reached that sleep of
death what dreams may come. When we have shuffled off this life, we then can pause
to look back and reflect on what truly mattered. Our lack of respect for
ourselves, and not what we wear. Not on what we look like but in how we should
have taken care of ourselves. There’s the respect that makes our suffering in
life so long life.”
Let’s be honest, we put far more
into what one wears and how they present themselves than the messages they have
for us. We miss the message if the person isn’t fill in the blank
and we then have missed that chance to better ourselves or learn something from
that person. There are so many things that we could band together and change in
this world; it’s the distractions that sadly stall those efforts. I hope that
one day we can look past these ‘social’ ways of being to get to the true
matters at hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment