Friday, December 27, 2013

Post-Christmas Blues, Pre New Year Gitter

   Well after the ‘Wham Bam Thank you … (insert name here)’ on –slaught of presents, cards and well wishes. Yes, I did my standard ‘and a happy new year’ or ‘Happy Yule’ style greeting. It’s now the time to look over the bounty of what I have received and to be thankful for all of it; yes, I mean all of it. Sure Aunt Harriet didn’t have to get me the size pants I wanted in the wrong size while she gave my brother a brand new headset with awesome stereo sound quality. Sure she might have spent more on him than me, and really a pair of pants isn’t something I truly wanted more like filler as in what else to ask for. She spent the time and patients to comb the racks for something that was close to my size. I am thankful for the gift now it’s going to save me at least thirty dollars when one of my work pants dies and I have to find a replacement in the next five minutes. 

                Ah, the pre-New Year gitters. I get the same question every year. “Sooooo, Junie! What are –YOU- doing for New Year’s?” My standard reply for the past ten years is “Gaming, watching the ball drop on TV and then leveling up some more.” I know hard core …. Not. 

                Truth is I don’t want to go out anywhere. I want to be at home watching reruns of Firefly, Sherlock, Dr. Who and other shows I’ve missed throughout the school term and level some characters for raiding. Sure I see the people having fun and having someone to kiss for New Years. Yes, I do kind of long for relationship again. But I’m not going to go all boo hoo on my lack of not having what I don’t need right now. 

                I find it’s easier to just enjoy the time with family and friends, not have to drive anywhere to drink and then possibly get pulled over for drinking and driving. Or the standard road block where they test EVERYONE to be safe and you get annoyed cause you haven’t been drinking and it’s a waste of time. (Deep breath and sigh)

                I’m hoping to go over to my brothers, have some lunch then come home to a small dinner and do what I do every year. Bunny is at her Dad’s and as much as I miss her; I know she’s spending time with him and building a relationship with him. So I’m content in my little island of gaming to pass the time until she comes home.

                And before you ask; I’m not looking nor am I trying to figure out how to improve me to get someone. I don’t mind the window shopping; it’s a nice little activity that helps me compile a list together. So if Mr. Right comes around; I can determine if he’s Mr. Right or Mr. Right now. 

                I’ve seen my ex bounce from woman to woman; and from what I hear there is always a betting board on how long his current marriage would last. I never wanted Bunny to see me bouncing from man to man to man. I wanted her to see that a mother can be strong, independent and yet be able to handle her own without ‘needing a man’. At Christmas, someone did ask me about dating and such. They wanted to know if I wanted one or was looking.

                “Sure I’d like to have a great relationship with a gentleman. I would like one that had a wonderful understanding between the two of us and that he accepted me for who I was and what I am.” Meaning, that as curvy as I am; sure I’m losing a pound or two; I still am a woman that has a strong personality, self-esteem and self-confidence that I will not be swayed easily into the mold he wants me to fit into. Sure I can play parts like as if I was improving on a stage; but that’s not –me-. I’ve dealt with enough losers that want to put me into a box; I’m declaring myself box free. 

                So! Off on to New Year’s resolutions. I always have a fail proof approach to them and always keep them. It’s an easy formula to learn and anyone can do it. I don’t make any. I enjoy looking at the New Year with the clean slate approach and crossed fingers hoping for the best. Indeed, I always hope. Well … I do have to toddle off now but I hope for you and your family as well as everyone out there that we all have a wonderful, happy, healthy and enjoyable new year. Oh god, 2014 mm mm let’s hope another World war doesn’t start this year. Sorry, history buff.

As Always,

Junie

No comments:

Post a Comment