Season’s
greetings! Yup it’s that time again where we wish everyone a ‘Fill in the blank’
holiday. In working two different retail jobs, I see so many things and I have
to wonder how the hell we get along. Seriously!
There
are about five or six religious and ethnic holidays in the month of December
and I find it strange that there is a ‘war’ on one of the holidays. I feel the
need to wish everyone a happy holiday and not say Merry Christmas. I don’t know
if the person I’m talking to is Christian or not and since we’re not a
Christian nation (thank you, Thomas Jefferson for that one); I can’t help but
feel awkward when I hear co-workers talking as if this month has their holiday
in it and no one else’s. I heard some of
the ladies in the backroom talk about how they wish everyone a ‘Merry Christmas’
and it’s only right because it’s Christmas time. Well I’m not Christian and
since this is actually around the time of the Winter Solstice (aka Yule). I don’t
rely with ‘Merry Winter Solstice or Happy Yule’ since they don’t know what
religion that is attached to. Another
lady at my other job didn’t say ‘Merry Christmas’ to a gentleman because he
looked ‘Asian’ and those Middle Eastern people don’t celebrate Christmas. I had
to step back a moment after that one and face palm. Yup! Right in the middle of
lunch I had to face palm at her statement.
I really didn’t understand how one could think such a thing and yet
consider themselves ‘Christian’.
I would
have hoped that in this day and age we have come to accept everyone for not
just what they believe, but who they are and what they do to help society
become the lovely and wonderful world that it can be. And yet we have ‘Duck Dynasty’
going on about those of alternative lifestyle choices and how the show might be
canceled. I’m not a fan of the show and maybe saw it once if at all. I really
wish reality TV. would go away not only does it show just how ignorant and
rather socially inept we are but just how bigoted we have become.
When I
stream or am ‘on-line’ with people I talk about the game and other things
related to the game. When I get the questions of social issues and such, I tend
to be blunt with my statements yet still correct for someone that wants to
inspire and not bring the hater-aide to the party. I just don’t really
understand why people have to bring such things up due to its not fitting into
the ‘observers’ accepted life style. If we had all had to fit into a box, I’d be
rather scared as to what would be. Twenty or even thirty years ago; what I do
didn’t exist. Hell being a Mom gaming and helping her child to learn to be independent
and not go running around to find a husband is a radical idea.
This
term of school I did great and actually have a 3.5 gpa. Scary that I couldn’t
do this in college the first time around but meh, it’s a great improvement.
Next semester will be interesting and I hope that I can keep up with it all.
YAY! Well sorry to have this be brief; have to get up in the morning for work.
Oh boy! Well besides all the blah, I
hope that you have a great holiday and a wonderful New Year. I’m hoping that
2014 turns out to be a much better year than this one. As John Green said
through Augustus Waters (The Fault In Our Stars) “I’m on a rollercoaster that
only goes up.” I hope that your new year will be wonderful as well.
Have a wonderful and safe … and Merry BodhiChristkkah
Yulewanza and a great New Year.
Junie
No comments:
Post a Comment