Saturday, April 12, 2014

To sleep perchance to dream that's the rub

Yeah, the job search thing isn’t going so hot. It’s failing kind of miserably and I’m not sure what to do anymore. I fill out a lot of apps and go to stores weekly; it doesn’t seem to be enough. The ‘office’ jobs I could have had are gone; and I’m stuck with part time work that is only scheduling me for one day a week.
                Yes, I’ve talked to the managers. One manager doesn’t have the hours or the funds; I understand because it gives me a discount on my school books which I need. The other job the manager just nods her head but because I don’t fit into their clique I lose out on the hours.
                There are events I want to go to; plus a trip I have to save for. It’s hard to do that only making 90 dollars and 71 dollars every two weeks respectfully. It’s hard to be a mom and handle a teenager on that as well. I’m a smart woman; but its hard to get passed that first interview.
                Don’t even get me started on the weight issue. I was just reminded today that I need to loose weight before the trip and well I haven’t. Eating the right foods, work out and everything that I’ve done doesn’t lose a pound off of me. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong and wishing I can find something I can do right for a change.
                Maybe the ex was right saying I’m nothing and won’t accomplish anything in my life. I try, oh gods do I try not to believe it. Remember that email I sent to you days after I was laid off? You had some leads for me but then I didn’t hear from you after that. I heard that a lot from my friends, co-workers and such. Promises for help and yet left to my own devices.
                I’ve been trying so hard these three years to bounce back to clean up things and make things right with the world. I’ve been on linked in making contacts and yet no offers or hires. My skill set is so broad that no one wants my experience and for what I’m going back to school for I don’t have the experience to get those jobs either.
                I’m just a pile of frustrated mess right now and only writing to you to make sense of it all. Really that’s what this blog was for to make sense of it all and I’m confused as hell right now. I know you and others aren’t going to sweep down and save me; rescue me from this. Everyone is busy with their own problems and their own needs. It seems I’m there for everyone but when it comes to someone being there for me everyone is too busy.
                I understand they all have lives to lead and I’m not saying poor little me. Just a friendly call, or an inspiring email; something to lift the spirits up. I just am having one of those ‘Oh god what do I do moments’ when everything I had hoped and dreamed kind of falls a part in my hands and I’m left holding pieces to a puzzle that I have no idea what the picture was.
                I’m babbling and rabbling I’m just lost right now Mike. For all the words I can write, the inspiration I can give; I’m trying to soldier on but I am human as well. I need to be inspired; to be touched and cared for as well.
                It’s hard sitting here, writing this and as the tears are falling hoping spell check is catching all the oopsies and mistypes. First time I really let my emotions go like this. Letting them vent and showing a bit of me on this blog; not the self-assured gamer but a woman that doesn’t have her shit together but is trying so fucking hard to that at times it kills the spirit to see what I have to do.
                I won’t wish you here; or hope you’d call. I know you won’t; and yet I still write to you. I still beg in this for some wisdom from you to come through and help me through this. To tell me to chin up and look here for work or pat me on the shoulder and tell me it’s going to be okay that job you want is right around the corner just hang tight. I know I was stupid when I was younger, pushed you away and made myself pretty much the last person you’d talk to. I understand and recognize my mistake; you moved on and that’s great.
                I don’t long for the past; I just am frightened of the future. What will it bring and will I be able to handle it for the kid’s sake? I’m trying so hard to be the mom I wanted to be to the kiddo; I can only hope that in the future my past will show I did a bang up job. Even though we only shared a kiss once a long time ago; the kiddo has your eyes. Lovely shade of blue that at times when I talk to the kiddo; the wisdom that comes out is amazing. As if there is a channel between the two of you and it’s my only hope for sanity. Though I won’t to the kid about this; it’s not something they need nor do they need to know the stress I’m under. Sometimes I want the kid to think I’m okay, and that I have things figured out. One little illusion so the kid doesn’t think I’m that much of an oddity of a mom that doesn’t have a career or a plan of what to do for the future.
                If you ever do find these blogs and read this one; I do wonder what your response would be. Would it be to chin up, find a job and ride the ride until its through or hang in there that dream job is just around the corner; here let me show you. At times I think that I’m just dreaming this nightmare of three years; that I’ll wake up and it’s back to the grind and I have a full time gig. Not the gig I wanted but it paid the bills. What I wanted/want needs to be created for me; and I’m trying.
                Keep reading that ‘Secret’ and the laws of attraction; I keep hoping and when reality smacks me hard like it is now. I have to wonder did I fail yet again? Did I make another mistake and will pay for it again? Seems that’s all I do, and in trying to get it right I keep getting it wrong. I just don’t know what to do anymore. Indeed.com isn’t working for me, job fairs, and the like aren’t the answer. I’m just at a loss in what to do; if you speak to me in dreams that would be awesome because it seems I sleep a lot more instead of wallowing in depression. Speaking of which … off to dream and lift this depression off for now.

As Always,

Junie

No comments:

Post a Comment