So, I’ve
been up for an hour and still wanting to crawl back into the bed and snuggle up
thinking it’s better to just sleep and forget the day. Sadly I think that work
wouldn’t be too pleased if I didn’t show up today. Well I was on the blog and noticed that I’m
almost to the 300 mark of RE: Where My Ladies at? Blog response to ‘The Brain
Scoop’. I want to say thanks to all the readers that have read it and that those
that do read my blog.
Sorry I’m
not as consistent as I would like to but we know how real life likes to just
pluck it’s self into our lives. I would like to write more, there was a recent
posting of the Avengers hunks pointing down at the viewer and its labeled “You
should be writing.” Though sadly it’s void of Jeremy Renner who plays Hawkeye.
Yes, I
would love to be writing more and blogging about things. I’m going to try and
blog a bit more about things. What kind of things? Mmm, depends on what life
has to offer in the way of content. Funny to think that life is content that we
view every day and have to comment on. If you think about it life is nothing
but content that we are constantly talking about that is reflective on what we
have thought our world should be.
I won’t
go on a tangent about the horrible and rather sad events of the shooting at
Fort Hood or the stabbings in Pennsylvania. I just hope that those that need
help get it and that those that are grieving are eased into the comfort that we
are thinking about them and they are in our thoughts.
I can
only hope that maybe in the days, months and years to come they can look back
and learn from what is going on around us. Maybe create or find some way to
stop these attacks and keep people safe. I know there isn’t a law on the books
nor would a law that could be thought of or drafted that would be passed that take
weapons away. We have to think more outside the box more outside of the natural
understanding to help those in need mentally and to work at a better
understanding of mental health and the sigma it represents.
Mental
health like physical health, needs to be addressed in the understanding that it’s
alright to get help from a counselor. It’s ok to see a psychologist or psychiatrist.
As much as we spend on health care to go to the doctor for this and that; we
should be able to accept and understand when someone needs to see someone for
what’s going on in our heads.
I have
a feeling the misconception of mental health has gone back since the late 1800’s
with the movie’s glamourazation of insane asylums or even ‘Girl Interrupted’
movie adaptation showing mental hospitals in the 1960’s. Yes, even the movie ‘One
Flew over the Coo-Coo’s Nest’ (which was a book before the movie adaptation)
shows the misconceptions of mental health care that have continued through
today.
We need
to realize that mental health care is something we should all invest in. Like
the body, the mind does wear down and break down. Not everyone has their ‘shit’
together as people would say and others do need guidance after an event.
Sometimes getting help isn’t something to be ashamed about; it should be
respected and praised.
To get
help doesn’t mean you can’t handle your life; or you’re not able to live life
as you normally would. It means you’re seeking help and needing assistance just
like you’d go to seek help or assistance for high blood pressure or regulating
your cholesterol. The more we embrace such help and the more it becomes the
norm; maybe the less we’ll see attacks like these because these people sought
help and weren’t worried about the social stigmas that are associated with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment